Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

Are driving crash courses better or single lessons in the UK?

Favorite Answer

It would depend on what driving experience you already have.  If none, then I personally would go for single lessons.  Of course, it will take you longer to get there, but t something to consider:

Single lessons are an hour or two.  You have time between lessons to consider what you have learnt and prepare questions for the instructor for the next time. If you are lucky and have access to a car and driver who can accompany you, you have time to do a bit more practice.

Crash courses are around 6 hours per day.  A long time for anyone to concentrate on something new, plus once you have learnt one thing, it is on to the next.

If you take a crash course in the summer in a week that happens to be dry and sunny, when do you get to practice in wet, dull or dark?  Of course, it is highly unlikely that you will ever get to practice in every weather condition, but you have a better chance of differences when your course is over a few weeks.

When I was learning to drive hundreds of years ago, I had two hour lessons so that I could drive to the nearest city which had a short stretch of dual carriageway.  On the way there, there were hills, twisty roads and different speed limits to contend with.  Whilst there, the dual carriageway, heavier traffic, more pedestrians, cyclists, public transport etc  and a lot more roundabouts than the two in my town!

If you already have some driving experience, then a crash course would mean that you could get to the end much faster.

In the end, it is up to you. 

• ?

yes........................