I am paid pension credit can the council demand to see my savings bank account?

• Maxi

If you are also trying to claim another benefit like council tax  or housing benefit which are means tested then yes they can, you have to provide proof of need as it is means tested

If it's a requirement to qualify,  yes they can. 

• Tavy

Yes they can, you might have over 10 K in savings in which case you won't get the full amount.

U.K.

If you live in the UK then YES the council can ask to see your statements, normally three months worth.

Yes but you can refuse such requests.

Isn't pension credit a state benefit?  What's it got to do with the council?  You'll have to forgive me I don't know much about pension credit but I know you get free TV licensing if you are a recipient of it

I can demand to see your bank savings account.

You have no legal obligation to comply.

YES, if you have housing subsidized and/or owned by the council, they can REQUIRE you to provide ALL your financial data as a condition of receiving the subsidy.

If they suspect fraud yes they can access all the accounts you hold without your permission. They have similar powers to HMRC as it's taxpayers money you are receiving.