Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Why are her drinks stronger?

I went out for a drink with a friend. I met her there. I guess the bartenders know her. They made her drink way stronger.

Why? Mine was weak compared to hers. Why are here so much stronger just because they know her? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bartenders have been doing this for generations. No big deal.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

She probably wasn't too drunk!

• blank
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You just answered your own question,because they know her.They know what she likes most likely.Try asking for your drinks to be stronger.

• 2 months ago

That apparently must be the way she likes her drinks, and either asks for them that way, or they know she likes strong drinks and just makes them that way for her.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Bartenders have been doing this for generations. No big deal. 

• 2 months ago

Did you stir it if it was served with ice cubes. By stirring it, you dilute the drink. 

If you watch bar rescue, the place is going to go out of business if the bartenders are giving her more alcohol because she tips better or whatever. A bar makes profit based on how many drinks it serves. By giving even half an ounce of alcohol more, it cuts into the profit. 

Suppose you have a 20 ounce bottle. A drink calls for 1 oz of alcohol. That’s normally enough for 20 drinks. Suppose the bartender gives an extra .1 oz, so 1.1 oz. per drink. 20/1.1 = 18 drinks. The bar loses profit on 2 drinks (tips goes to the bartender and not the bar). Imagine if it was a 750 oz bottle. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.