Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Do babies who eat breast milk look more like their mothers rather than babies who eat formula?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

The DNA sequence happens during conception, not through a nutritional source after birth.

It is only the DNA that determines how someone looks through their inherited genes, NOT the milk/food they drink or eat.

• 4 weeks ago

Basic features are determined at conception. But expressions and mannerisms can be copied by observation. My office staff commented on how my teenage son looked so much like me, when actually he was my stepson and we had each adopted each other's mannerisms over the years

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Whom a baby resembles has nothing to do with breastmilk or formula.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Babies who take formula are usually fat. The fat disfigures their faces. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No.

----------

• GB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Lets say four women who meet in a maternity ward. Two have babies that look more like their Dads than their Mums. The other two have babies that look more like their Mums. One of the babies who looks like Dad. 3 months later, 2 of the babies are breastfed (one that looked like Mum one like Dad.) The other babies were formula fed from birth. However the babies are fed, it will not change their appearance so they look more like their mother or less.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No.  Genetics determine appearance - not what kind of milk they get as a baby.

My daughter looks very much like me and she was had formula - not breast milk.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.