Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What to do with an animal abuser without knowing her address ?

I have a friend just recently found out a person she knows who has been abusing the ex boyfriend’s dog for a year. But my friend won’t tell me the abuser’s info, because that person might hurt her and she’s afraid to tell. What should I do??? I’m really worried and feel helpless. The abuser only give the dog water once every 3-4 days, only bring the dog out for bathroom every 2 days, if the dog ever pee at home during the time, she would beat the dog badly. And she NEVER give the dog any dog food, the only food she give to it is bread made of Crataegus pinnatifida ( I assume it’s toxic to dogs, because one day she told my friend the dog was Vomiting and diarrhea after eating ‘food’)  My friend want her to stop what she’s doing and she told my friend “You think dogs need to drink water” “The reason I don’t buy dog food is it’s too heavy to carry”. The dog’s legs are having serious problems right now, and 2 hours ago she just somehow made the dog’s paw bleeding badly and told my friend about it. 

I don’t know what to do right now. I’m working on getting her Instagram ID. All I want to do is to help that poor dog, and let her get the punishment 

Thanks for taking your time to answer my question. I do called 311 to report but they said I can’t do anything without knowing that person’s address. I don’t think my friend is lying, as you said she is immature and telling gossip and didn’t realize how serious that situation is. I was fighting with her about how she turned a blind eye to that situation. The only thing she can do at this moment is trying to convince that person to bring the dog to shelter

sound like your friend is lying about something if she said that there is a woman who is animal abuser and doesnt have that address information. its means about her being a animal abuser more likely sound like she just made it up doesnt want you feel sorry for her instead of unknown made up stories about there a lady doesnt want to you or call the police to go to unknown address. make arrested to the pet owner? well your friend stories doesnt make no sense at all. you cant do nothing about it because its not really your problem .. only thing can do is have to a prove that dog is really hurt and being abused by pet owner.if dont have a prove then cant do nothing . plus why is that you working your friend istagram if the instagram account doesnt belong to you . your friend is suppose be the one taking this issue for herself or get help from the isntagram internet service to help her out. plus she is sound more likely fake friend who is making you do her works for her instead her doing it herself. and sound like she has very big problems . not your job do things for her . i would just not believe her stories anymore. alot of people on here knows this girl just playing games with you. and she must be on some kind of drugs that making her saying silly stories .that isn't really true! 

• ?

Id probably beat the crap out of them in that case.

• Jojo

Really? 

Well I don`t think much of your choice of a friend, if this is true.

Seem SHE is too pathetic to do anything about a vile situation herself.

Also you have no proof this is actually true.

She may be just widely exaggerating a situation, because she dislikes or had a row with the accused person.

Also is this friend a `real `friend or just a so called internet friend?

Unless you see the situation with your own eyes, then there is nothing you can do about it. 

Its a bit of a `tall story` and I`d take it all with a pinch of salt, unless you have the means to check it out for certain.

If its true, someone closer will notice it going on, and report the situation.

People who care about an abused animal don't post lengthy stories on Yahoo.  Instead, they call Animal Protective Services and give the name of the friend who is feeding them the information.  You know the situation and you do nothing but "feel helpless"?  Ridiculous and pathetic.

• TK

Tell Friend that as long as she protects the abuser then she is supporting animal abuse.  And how can you be friends with someone who allows an animal to be abused?  

• Maxi

Sounds like your 'friend' is playing silly child games, tells you but won't report them themselves.......... that is very immature and as you have no idea if what you were told by this child is true or not and you have no proof at all.... you can do nothing apart from telling your immature friend to report them and stop telling you gossip

So you don't know that all of this is true, it is hearsay & not something you have seen with your own eyes.  I feel sorry for the dog too.  But there isn't much you can do unless you have proof.  There are just so many people who shouldn't have any pets, much less a dog.  These stories just break my heart cause there is nothing I can do to change things.

Dogs to me are not animals. They are abominations.

I don't care for them at all. I suggest you just look the other way and play Fortnite.

If your 'friend' won't give you the information you need to be able to report what's apparently, going on, can't your friend report this herself - ANONYMOUSLY?

It's hard to sit back knowing this abuse is going on.  But I have to query whether this is a true situation - even if you haven't made this up, things may not be as they appear.   Tread carefully.

How about you mind your own damn business. It’s not your dog.