Having panic attacks in my sleep ?

I had a pretty bad day today. I was under alot of stress. Went out to eat with in laws(had a panic attack), walked around the mall (still panicking) and left my kids at home with my mom (I worried about them). I fell asleep on the couch with my husband and it's now 1:30am,  we fell asleep at maybe 9? So I had a dream I was in my basement with friends and I went up the stairs with some girl I liked and my husband wasn't home . And I saw some girl with big breast with country style (his taste in women) walking to my door to join the party we were having and I woke up literally hyperventilating and shaking almost passing out. I still can not calm down a half hour later. I drank water, I ate something sweet. Why does panic attacks happen in your sleep???? Is it a blood sugar thing? Stressful day? I just want to know alitle more about why it happens. 

If this is a constant, everyday thing in your life then you should see a psychiatrist or a therapist (or both). Exercising and staying away from caffeine and sugary foods may help. Some things I use for stress management and to help me sleep are chamomile and lemon balm, but I don't know how much they would help your situation. Again, the best thing to do would be to contact a mental health professional.