Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Having panic attacks in my sleep ?

I had a pretty bad day today. I was under alot of stress. Went out to eat with in laws(had a panic attack), walked around the mall (still panicking) and left my kids at home with my mom (I worried about them). I fell asleep on the couch with my husband and it's now 1:30am,  we fell asleep at maybe 9? So I had a dream I was in my basement with friends and I went up the stairs with some girl I liked and my husband wasn't home . And I saw some girl with big breast with country style (his taste in women) walking to my door to join the party we were having and I woke up literally hyperventilating and shaking almost passing out. I still can not calm down a half hour later. I drank water, I ate something sweet. Why does panic attacks happen in your sleep???? Is it a blood sugar thing? Stressful day? I just want to know alitle more about why it happens. 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If this is a constant, everyday thing in your life then you should see a psychiatrist or a therapist (or both). Exercising and staying away from caffeine and sugary foods may help. Some things I use for stress management and to help me sleep are chamomile and lemon balm, but I don't know how much they would help your situation. Again, the best thing to do would be to contact a mental health professional. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.