Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 2 months ago

Why do people deny the existence of bigfoot despite the proof?

1) Bigfoot is gigantopithecus. The descriptions are identical and we have proof gigantopithecus existed. 

2) There are tens of thousands of bigfoot sightings. One witness sighting would be considered proof in a court of law.  

3) Logically, the historical sightings are consistent with science. If the sightings were fake, People would need to understand evolution and the round earth thousands of years before those concepts existed. You have white bigfoots (yetis) who came across the Bering Strait and had their coats turn to brown. How do people from 10,000 years ago understand that? 

4) Hair samples have been identified as an unknown primate which means there is unequivocally a primate that exists that hasn't been identified by science.  

@Jimmy- Fair enough. There are pictures and videos that come out nearly daily. Granted most are really bad but tbh if I had a 600 pound "gorilla" chasing me, clear pictures would be the last thought on my mind. 

Even so, most of the sightings were before photography. It is possible bigfoot has died out or is nearly died out. 

@Mark- 

1- Why does something have to be current? 

2- A different debate

3- You're missing the point. Native people have described bigfoot for thousands of years. For the stories to be fake they would have to understand how animals evolve and they would also need to understand how a creature could get from Asia to Alaska. 

4. No, hair samples have DNA and we have DNA for all known primates. 

@76- I just gave you four strong examples of evidence. Your opinion of what gigantopithecus looked like is not fact. There is no scientific consensus. If you google gigantopithecus most of the images depict it as bipedal. 

• dybydx

Why doesn't every one believe there is a god despite all the proof?

Bigfoot is a chain of gas stations, I believe.

Yeah I agree, there is more evidence for bigfoot than not, such as most American tribes believing in them and so many witnesses. I don't think it can be a normal great ape though, it would have to at least have far more ability than just another great ape to escape being noticed for so long, at least very smart, maybe they even bury their dead who knows or some people say stuff like they can travel through different dimensions and alter their frequency. Idk it's a weird topic to get into, I also don't think they're gigantopithecus because it's a long stretch what with them being from another continent but maybe there's a relation who knows really?

• JimZ

There is a book, the Hoopa Project, written by a former cop, David Palides.  It is interesting because he actually took a police sketch artist and interviewed witnesses.  The drawings he came up with were much more human like than any existing ape.  Based on Gigantopithecus fossils, I don't think they were very human looking.  Google their jaw bone fossils and compare them to humans.  A better candidate for Bigfoot IMO is something like H. erectus or even H. heidelbergensis.  

I wouldn't accept one witness but as you pointed out, there are literally 10s of thousands and they are consistent.  Native Americans tribes described them in their myths and legends and have continued to insist they are real creatures, but they call them humans.  

Yetis are typically described as brown to reddish brown but you have to be careful with the term Yeti as it appears to be a name for at least three different creatures, one a very a bestial animal that is more ape like than a human like based on most of the reports.  There is a very similar creature not far from Yetis in western China called that Yeren that is identical to Bigfoot.  There are other reports of a similar creature in Siberia as you might expect if they crossed the Bering Strait.  Bigfoot are typically described as brown, reddish brown, and it even seems that young are likely blackish and very old are white or grey.  This has some similarity with humans and existing non human apes.  

It always annoys me when people suggest the Patterson Film is fake.  They don't know that.  76 kind of proved your point.  Some people just have to deny the existence.  Maybe they need their world to be free of unknown things particularly scary and incredible things like giant hairy hominoids walking our woods.  

You are correct about Gigantopithecus.  Their jaw is widened in the back possibly due to it being bipedal.  The spine would attach on the bottom of the skull and the wide jaw opening (the wide angle of the lower mandible) might indicate that.  I tend to think Gigantos prove there is a niche for a very large hominoid.  They prove they might evolve under favorable conditions and it appears to me that some versions of H. erectus was quite large (e.g. Homo erectus meganthropus and the large one from Africa (maybe H. heidelbergensis nicknamed goliath).  .  

• Shiloh

Some people think we've discovered everything there is to discover on this planet. Furthermore, they believe, everything there is to know is known at this time. They deny because they can't see beyond the narrow confines of the small box they occupy.  They've done little to no research & have an opinion based strictly on their mind's limitations. 

Because the proof sucks, that's why.

Gigantopithecus lived in South East Asia.  For that reason I can to some extent believe in the Yeti, although in fact I don't, but not the Sasquatch.  Bigfoot pictures look somewhat like gorillas and Gigantopithecus was more closely related to Orang Utan.

I thought I was one of the only people that believe Bigfoot exists. The reason I believe it is because they’ve tried to mate humans with chimps because we share 98% of the same DNA but it was banned. I’m totally sure that humans never stopped trying. They just did it without the people in charge knowing. It was successful...😊

Colonel Steve Austin befriended bigfoot decades ago...

Weird, isn't it....................