Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 2 months ago

Can we send robots to our planets and moons and be able to colonize on them?

@ReductioAdAstronomicus, I miss wrote, the question should've read "Can we send robots to our planets and moons to colonize on them?"  I was referring to robots and not humans, I think it will be a very very long time before we send humans.

Favorite Answer

mars is already being terraformed with moss , lichen , and cyanobacteria to try to grow an O2 atmosphere . 

there are already robot colonies on many moons and planets. You missed the Judgement Day son.

That’s not what ‘colonization’ means...  

Every planet in the solar system, as well as many moons, comets and asteroids, have already been flown past, orbited, sampled, or landed upon by robots. Robotics is the technology of now. Human spaceflight and "colonization" is an antiquated practice from last century.