Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why is Zoo Tycoon crashing?

I have the original Zoo Tycoon and Marine Mania/dinosaur Digs on DVD. I have an Acer Aspire 1 that I got in September. I use the Apple SuperDrive DVD/cd  ROM player to play zoo tycoon. It worked until today, I was able to play the marine mania and dinosaur digs but when I put zoo tycoon in and clicked to play it a pop-up showed up that said to "insert the DVD" or something along those lines. This did not go away until I uninstalled and reinstalled zoo tycoon. Then when I clicked to play it would start to load and go through all the blue fang ads at the beginning and then start to load the actual game, it would get to 75% loaded and then crash and bring me back to my desktop. I have restarted my computer and installed and reinstalled the game again. The drive is working properly and marine mania is working but zoo tycoon is not. I do have Windows 10 Home as well, I have heard that windows 10 can cause issues but mine is only having issues with zoo tycoon. Can someone tell em why or how to fix it? I really want to play zoo tycoon. Thanks!

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.