Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Job Interview?

I had job interview for engineering job that went very well.  Most questions I know I answered correct since they are technical engineering questions.  At the end I was they have other candidates to interview, to hang tight and that human resources would get it touch with salary information IF it gets to that point.

It has been two weeks since interview and I did not hear yes or no. I didn't follow up yet since I was already told to hang tight.  I am wondering if anyone has experienced that before and what does it usually?  I didn't get the job or i need to follow up or something else in that case what?

Update:

Forgot to add told above part in below sentence

At the end I was *told they...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

After 2 weeks you can call and ask if they made a determination and filled the position.  It's ok to ask now. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Its not looking good for you right now. Lots of employers never get back with candidates they do not hire.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

@linkus86:  the position is still open in their website.  Also at the end of interview as indicated I was told by one of the panel interviewees they have other candidates to interview, to hang tight and human resources will be in touch with you regarding salary IF it gets to that point

• 1 month ago

It has been a very long time since I have handled an interview so poorly.  I learned a long time ago to always ask when they will be making a decision or what the next step of the interview process and more importantly exactly when I can expect to hear from them.  Then to make sure I write a thank you note to the person I interview with and then call them on the date mentioned in the interview if they haven't called me already, reminding them of our previous conversation.  I am willing to bet the person who got the job did exactly that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.