Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How the **** do I stop overthinking so damn much? I'm tired of overthinking. I'm tired of crying because I'm overthinking. Help me please.?

I've been diagnosed by a doctor with depression, anxiety, bi polar disorder and adhd

I'm also an 18 year old woman if that helps

Favorite Answer

Mindfulness.

First, make sure you've got the basics.  You should be on medication and you should be taking your meds.  You should be doing everything healthy, like exercise and eating vegetables.  And some type of therapy.  Join an online group or in person group therapy.

Mindfulness is too hard to explain here, but there are some good youtube videos about it.  And then try some guided meditation.  And deep breathing exercises.

You can't stop from thinking something.  Like if I were to say stop thinking of the color blue.  But you can replace thoughts.  Have a good thought ready.  A fun vacation or your favorite TV show.  Then when you notice your thinking bad thoughts, turn your thoughts to the good thoughts.  At first it's hard to do, but stick with it.

Music will save you.

Do something fun.

Some people have this ability and not the problem provided how you divert this to in a positive way. for it, you can join some mediattion group on line or start learning meditation. Ome may be surprised that you can then have a control over thoughts most of the time. 

Discuss options with your doctor, there are medications and other treatments that have been shown to help people with your issues.

The professionals who specialize in treating people with multiple disorders are the psychiatrists. Another good reason for seeing a psychiatrist is that it's best to be prescribed medicine by one of these rather than a GP. For one thing, you see the psychiatrist on a regular basis. Simple stress management methods wouldn't hurt you, and bipolar people rely of them for staying stable. About ADHD, there's a popular author who's a world-famous expert on this, Dr. Russell Barkley. I'll show you some self-help and I suggest talking about these things with a psychiatrist -

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

There are Many relaxation techniques- do some reading and trying some out

Not every one will work for Every Personhttps://www.bing.com/search?q=relaxation+technique...