Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

Do I have to wear an engagement ring on left hand?

I hate wearing rings on my left hand. Is it ok if I wear it on my right hand instead? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure. Whatever floats your boat. I assume that you hate wearing rings on your left hand because you're lefthanded and so are constantly catching them on stuff. You know, Irish people wear engagement and wedding rings on their right hand, so if anyone gives you guff, just play the cultural diversity card and shut them up by telling them you're of Irish heritage, which is probably true as 60% of the US population has at least one Irish ancestor somewhere down the line and that likelihood shoots up to 95% if you're White (non-Hispanic), 95% and above being, in accordance with the laws of statistics and statistical margins of error, as close to an absolute certainty as probability gets.  

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't have to do ANYTHING of the sort. There is no law about this, and you won't go to jail if you use a different finger. Of course, no one will know you are engaged, but is that such a big deal?

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Why would you do that just because it's more comfortable...it doesn't make much sense knowing the ring should be worn on your left hand.  You're going to wear it on your left hand when you marry?  Doesn't sound like you're putting much effort into the engagement.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no. thats not okay. in fact, it's insulting to your boyfriend. when you get "married", what are you going to do since you hate wearing rings on your left hand? seems like a mental problem to me. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.