Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

DID I DO THE WORST THING EVER? DO I HAVE TO CONFESS TO MY S/O?

Long story short. A year ago I stupidly after an argument with my S/O,went to Yahoo and to a relationship blog on tumblr and asked if my SO was abusive. They aren't or else I would of left. But after the argument that had caused a lot of stress,I wasn't thinking clearly. I was blowing stuff way out of proportion and exaggerated a lot and kind of lied. I said they never apologized and also refused to talk sometimes. I said how they always cussed at me. None of these things were true. The one had only happened once. Anyway. I feel terrible. It was all anonymous but I feel like me asking that about my partner who isn't abusive in anyway makes me a horrible person and so. I feel like I've betrayed them and what I've done is worse than cheating. I can't stop thinking about it. And it doesn't help I'm paranoid and now am worried someone will see it and make it go viral or track me through IP because they think I'm in an abusive situation when I'm not. 

I have bad ocd. I am so worried. Am I overreacting about it all? Do I have to leave my so because I did this?

Did I do something on the same level of false rape or abuse claims????

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Not sure why this immature spam is in the cancer section .....

• 2 months ago

Many women have sounded off about their husband and many husbands have sounded off about their wives.  It is blowing off steam like a safety valve.  No intelligent person takes it seriously.  It is a matter of being comforting and letting them go back to their partner  refreshed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.