Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would you assume I’m not working for money ?

I told a guy I met at work that my parents had these really rich friends who used to buy us expensive wines that cost half as much as my entire monthly income in a single bottle and that I made 3x more renting out my investment properties than I did at my full time job. Would you find it odd I even bother to go to work? 

• Favorite Answer

Your rich parents won't be around for ever. Who knows if they're going to leave you any money when they pass on. 

Money doesn't last for ever, specially if you're spending a lot of it. Also you will need money to retire on. You might find your self broke one day, then you will have to work for money.

My parents are millionaires. I know they're going to give me some in heritance, but until I get it I have to work.