Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What qualifies me for trade school financial aid?

I'm a 24 year old with a HS diploma, I was a manager over a meat market but I left the company to pursue my dream career of being an HVAC tech. How can I qualify for financial aid if I'm not in company that provides it? Would it be better to work for a company that pays for tuition? If so what are the requirements for someone such as myself? 

2 Answers

  • 28AKO
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    you need to go to community college and apply for financial aid to see if you qualify for it. or look for a job that trains you for it for free, but you probably would have to agree to work for the company for a specific amount of time if they train and certify you for job. if you break agreement probably have to pay money back company spent training you. Check your local goodwill job connections or job training see what they have to offer for free or low cost. i think you still in age to qualify for jobcorp or whatever you call it

  • 2 months ago

    helpers/learners in HVAC companies are employees.  You apply for such job like any other job.  some MIGHT sponsor you for vo-tech classes toward becoming either a repair or install tech.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.