Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How much should I charge for a 3 minute animated music video?

Hey! I am an illustrator and animator and I'm just starting out on freelance. I recently did a short animation on my own and since then I've been getting asked quite a lot to do animations for some people... I researched on animation prices and I've been proposing much lower prices than the ones I saw and still people ghost me or tell me its too much. I am afraid they might be right but I'm also aware I'm good at what I do and I don't want to devalue my own art.

Considering I am unexperienced in the field since I'm in my early 20's how much should I charge for a 3 minute 2d animated video for a band?(This is one of my latest requests and I suggested 300 euros and they didn't even reply...)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

€300 seems like a very reasonable figure.

But bands do not have budgets at the moment, with all music being streamed for free (or very nearly) they are only able to make money from performing live (not possible for best part of a year) and merchandise (not much unless they are a big band).

Stick to your guns though, offers to "get your work out there" etc are worthless, you deserve to be paid for your work at a reasonable rate.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

as much as you want to charge

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.