Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Eye doctor told me I have thin ocular nerves at 22?

An eye doctor that I have never been to before examined my eyes for an emergency visit told me that I have thin optic nerves at 22. A few months back I was seen at an eye speciality hospital for cornea abrasions and the doctor then who examined never said anything about this, and my normal eye doc has always told me I have great, healthy eyes. Could this doctor be that I went to be wrong? What could cause this to happen if it was never present before? I’m not sure what to do, and I’m very concerned about this. My eye pressure was fine so the new doc it could be nothing to worry about. What should I do from here? Any advice or insight would help! I have an appointment with my normal eye doc to see what he says. Thanks! 

Favorite Answer

It’s not nerves, it’s just one, and I am not sure what they meant by “ thin”. Could be nothing worth mentioning. It would not affect pressure in the eye. When you see your doc ask them until you understand.

Check what a third doctor has to say.