Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Are normal women repulsed by the thought of lesbianism in the same way that normal men are by homosexuality?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Define normal....only those who are homophobic like you.

• 2 months ago

The 'normality' of women has NOTHING to do with the Books & Authors section.

• 2 months ago

I am an ordinary heterosexual man and I am repulsed by macho straight guys, teenage sluts, lesbians, homosexuals, and ugly tattooed freaks as characters in any book but I won't show it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Repulsed by two people in love?

No. You are not normal. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I reject your term "normal".  I had a gay aunt.  She was normal enough to be a college professor while living with her lover during a time when they could not marry.  I've also known several gay males, one a college classmate who won several awards in the theater area.

Not my personal sexual choice, but I'm sure there are those who don't share mine either.

BTW, biologists have identified homosexual behavior in over 200 species, including several different primates.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think I am a "normal" heterosexually inclined woman. Virginity is not abnormal. 

Repulsed? I was of the first lesbian I met, but that was more due to her personality than her sexual preference. She was not likeable.  I was somewhat afraid of others who were "out" having an interest in me physically; but that never became the case.  I learned to know the people I met or worked with as individuals.  Sex was never a connection between us, but friendship was and is a connection I  have with some of those ladies. Whatever couples do is not my business  I don't peek either.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I've always felt that women are more open to it. I think they are generally more open to bisexual feelings, whether they ever engage in that kind of activity or not.  I think socially it is way more open to them and there is no threat to any sense of femininity or identity for them. They can swing back and forth on the matter and may choose to dabble in it or not, especially in their younger years. For men (in our culture), those thoughts are considered an existential threat or crisis to their masculinity and identity. Cultural enculturation generally prohibits this, even as an entertained thought. 

• 2 months ago

This has nothing to do with Books & Authors, but no, I'm not repulsed by the thought of lesbianism, just like I have yet to meet a straight man repulsed by homosexuality, but I guess it's all about the company you keep, and mine is excellent.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Women have more important things to worry and think about than if someone is a lesbian.

• 2 months ago

Am I not a normal man unless I’m repulsed by the thought of homosexuality?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.