Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Would you care if your ex got cancer, stroke or a heart attack and died?

"Nope. I mean why should I?" 

So does that mean once an ex becomes an ex, you no longer care about that person anymore? As if you were strangers who have never met??! ...I didn't know that that's how you are supposed to act after a break up! 

What if you have a child with them? I don't but this was the situation with someone I used to know...that would be tough! They should have thought more about who they had a child with rather than just marrying for lust! ...Or whatever it was that made the union not a lasting one..

Also yeah that's tough to get used to...  makes me not want to get into another relationship if it resulted in that! I mean what was the point of getting married or being with them if they are just going to leave and cause you heartache and disappointment!

For those of you who care wow I wish I had dated you guys or something lol. My ex doesn't give a sh*t about me sadly. If he did we wouldn't have broken up probably anyway! Also, yeah, how can someone who isn't a part of your life in any way shape or form, CARE??!! It's been about four years since we broke up. He visited me ONCE last year and he was STILL mad about things that I did! Talk about not forgiving someone! 

The real test of love is forgiveness imho. And wanting to share their life with you!

Wanting to MAKE it work with you and their life. 

That's why I don't agree that if you love something you set it free. If you love something you want to KEEP it, not throw it away! It's just common sense! If you don't CARE about something, THEN you discard it! Simple! 

If you care, why'd you guys break up with them??!! My ex and I aren't even friends. I don't know how other people are able to be friends with their exes, it's so awkward! I wouldn't want to see my ex get married or have children with others, that would just hurt! They were supposed to be doing that stuff with me!!

Favorite Answer

Nope. I mean why should I?

• ?

Of course i'd care - and i'd send my condolences to the family he left behind. 

I would care if any friend of mine suffered.  If I had ever loved them I would care more.  Legally you are estranged.  "as a stranger".  Morally that is not the case.  You don't owe a legal duty but you probably owe a moral duty to your ex.

• ?

Yes, I would care, and id be at the hospital too with them.

Of course I would!  I didn't slice part of my heart OUT when I move on through my life. I would care a lot. 

My "ex" died very young in an auto accident and, yes, I cared.  I didn't hate him.  I just didn't want to be married to him.  I do NOT understand the updates, in particular the "makes me not want to get into another relationship ... what was the point ... they are just going to leave."  My "ex" had no CHOICE but to leave.  I fail to see the connection between "caring" if an "ex" dies and never marrying.  Everyone dies eventually.

When the MCs came to live out the name

And to perform, some had

To snort cocaine to act insane

Before Pete rocked it on

Now on with the mental plane

To spark the brain with the building to be born

Yo, RZA, flip the track with the what to cut

Primis Player Placeholder