Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Could I go to jail if I spend SOME child support money on something else other than my child?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You can spend it on whatever you want.  There is no way, once you deposit that money in your account, to show what was the support money and what was your money.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

yes, in trollville...

usually the parent has other income...and no way to prove the child support paid for what...the only time it would be an issue is if the child's needs are not being met..not enough food, clothes, in adequate housing, etc

• 2 months ago

You have been told MANY times. Child support IS NOT distinct from ANY other household funds once received.

As long as the child is cared for, there is NO DIFFERENCE between using the money to buy food, and using it for lottery tickets.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Child support payments are sent for the care and upkeep of the child and it's environment. You spend it as you need to. You usually don't have to account for the spending.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.