Why do the people in Attack on Titan all look crazy, especially the Eldians ?

https://youtu.be/vwwE8_UduJw

In this scene, even before the people are  transformed into mindless titans, they already have grotesque  smiles and blank stares...and I can think of many scenes like this throughout the anime where characters hold very...weird facial expressions, especially the main character  Eren...he always looks like he is one step away from a psychotic break.

Heck I would even say one of the ways I can tell the Eldians apart from normal people is that most Eldians tend to look a bit "off"

When you live in a world where you are pray, everyone is crazy.