my stepdad still fusses over my room being messy ?

i clean my room the best i can but my stepdad fusses still and it's not dirty well the carpet is i mean it's stained up and it needs to be torn up and have hard wood floors on it i am not doing this to be ugly but i am 40 years old i live with my mom and stepdad because i have a learning disabilities and i can't be on my own i have complained before and all i got is **** i been told to grow up and move out by people i asked for advice so i need advice that is good not bad 

• 3 days ago

You’re not doing enough. Clean your room better & be more productive. All of your questions are the same annoying spam, stop complaining & get a job. There’s nothing cute about a middle-aged adult still acting like a whiny middle schooler & being unemployed either. 

i do clean my room but my stepdad is overbearing obessed and crazy and sometimes he makes excuses like i work all the time which ok  he does but he also thinks i am stupid and i think he hates me my mom should have not married him i don't think he even loves her he has done some bad things like he cheated on her tells her he is going to divorce her and he has the nerve to tell me to do things haha he needs to grow up 

Without seeing your room, one can't tell you what you might be overlooking.   Perhaps your trash needs emptied?   Maybe the place could use a good dusting?   Make the bed?   

Do you have curtains on your windows or did you hang up a blanket?   Even little touches like that can make a big difference between looking "messy" and "clean"

• ?

Because you must live at home, it is best to follow house rules. 

Your rug being stained does not mean your room is messy, it means your rug needs to be removed or replaced.

Ask your mom if an inexpensive area rug could be bought to cover your stained rug for the time being.

Keep your bed made every day and your clothing tidy. With a discability or not, keeping a room tidy does not have to be hard.

You can get an over the door shoe organizer to use for all sorts of things from electronic chargers to  toiletries and socks or whatever may be cIuttering up the surfaces of your room.

Ask your step Dad for advice on how to clean or replace the dirty carpet, that is step one. All the furniture will have to be removed to clean or replace the carpet. Great time to thin out and organize as furniture goes back in the space.

• T C

For someone with learning disabilities you are a very good writer.

Although I am not really sure what advise to offer you, other than to ask your stepdad what areas he feels need improving.

But my main reason for posting was to comment on your question. It seems that you can write far better than many of the people who post on YA.

Ask mom to ask him to back off. Ask her to view your room. You could also ask for the flooring to be changed as laminate flooring is much more hygienic and easier to keep clean.