Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

What can and should be done about the BBC (British Brainwashing Corporation)?

I would encourage the BBC to be less politically correct and to stop over compensating in its attempts to be 'woke'.

I am happy for the BBC to become a subscription service. I would pay, as I do now.

If it was a subscription service, it would be forced to serve its actual customer base and stop trying to satisfy people who don't use its services and are unwilling to pay for it.

Very rarely have complaints of bias against the BBC been upheld and, even then, the opinion expressed was that of the individual presenter and not of the BBC.

The BBC is a world class service for providing unbiased news. If people don't like what they report, the problem does not lie with reality or with their reporting of it.

In the pornos the BBC is slurped.

People should not pay their licence fee, they should not watch or listen to their media 

The public have had enough biased trash, woke so called celebrities and disgusting payments to people involved in the anti democratic marxist organisation. 

Thousands of people can no longer afford the licence fee; and they should immediately get rid of ultra-expensive celebrities.  BBC TV entertainment should be funded by a mix of ads and subscription . Certain documentaries could be aired free and funded like PBS.

It is time to deal with this licence fiasco once and for all!

The BBC is "prescribed" entertainment.

That is, we have no choice but to pay for it and what is shown is often some director or producer's personal whim.

Almost everything on the BBC is garbage in my opinion.

The news is about the only program that I look at and often that is biased towards the left.

I am a socialist but I want STRAIGHT reporting please and then I can make my own opinions thank you!

Young people are forced to pay a fee for a service they hardly ever watch.

In this time of subscription TV, the "Beeb" should become subscription only and then we would see how many people rate its product and whether Gary Linaker and his mates deserve their huge wages!

• garry

done nothing , the bbc has always been corrupt but you paid for it . no bbc and nothing to watch . Simple fact is you cant afford to abolish it , you voted in the politicians who do nothing , so you work it out . 

It should be abolished instead of wasting people's hard earned money.

They should be given more $$$ for Doctor Who

Perhaps your brain could do with a wash 

It's remit should be rigourously enforced .

Currently it does nothing but donated the license fee to celebrity cretins like Danny Dyer...