Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Best places to donate clothing?

I have loads of clothes I don’t need, should I give them to good will, thrift stores or some place else?

Maybe a place that gives out free clothing. 

• ...........................................

• Rita

Dress for Success. ...

Free the Girls. ...

Goodwill. ...

One Warm Coat. ...

Planet Aid. ...

The Salvation Army. ...

Soles4Souls. ...

Vietnam Veterans of America.

• Audrey

Goodwill. They help underprivileged people work.

That depends on what they are.

If they are fashionable and came from good department stores (think Macy's or Dillard's rather than Penney's or Kohl's), you can probably make a little money by turning them over to a consignment store, which sells them for you and splits the proceeds.

If they're not department-store quality, your best bet is an organization that supports its cause through thrift stores. That means you probably want to approve of its mission. If you don't agree with what they're doing with the money, then don't help them earn more with your donation.

I give to Goodwill and refuse to give to certain others.

I know this place called salvation army, and that's where I donate my clothes, and I also donate my clothes to the thrift store. Goodwill is the most common place I hear that people donate clothes.

Back in old days we had them shredded into filler and stuffs. If its in good condition you can donate to community workers, they'll give it to needy.