Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Best places to donate clothing?

I have loads of clothes I don’t need, should I give them to good will, thrift stores or some place else?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Maybe a place that gives out free clothing. 

• Rita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Dress for Success. ...

Free the Girls. ...

Goodwill. ...

One Warm Coat. ...

Planet Aid. ...

The Salvation Army. ...

Soles4Souls. ...

Vietnam Veterans of America.

• Audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Goodwill. They help underprivileged people work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That depends on what they are.

If they are fashionable and came from good department stores (think Macy's or Dillard's rather than Penney's or Kohl's), you can probably make a little money by turning them over to a consignment store, which sells them for you and splits the proceeds.

If they're not department-store quality, your best bet is an organization that supports its cause through thrift stores. That means you probably want to approve of its mission. If you don't agree with what they're doing with the money, then don't help them earn more with your donation.

I give to Goodwill and refuse to give to certain others.

• 2 months ago

I know this place called salvation army, and that's where I donate my clothes, and I also donate my clothes to the thrift store. Goodwill is the most common place I hear that people donate clothes.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Back in old days we had them shredded into filler and stuffs. If its in good condition you can donate to community workers, they'll give it to needy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.