Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

‘05 Ford F-250 Diesel dies after driving for 20 minutes.?

I have a 6.0L Diesel Ford F -250 that has a hard time turning on. Once it’s on, I’ll warm it up a few minutes then take it out for a drive. After driving 10-20 minutes, it dies on me and won’t turn on until about 30 minutes later. We’ve replaced the Fuel Injector Control Module and it does the same thing. Any ideas of what it could be?

Get a scanner and check for trouble codes.  It might be a bad crank sensor or a bad IPR.  Replace the fuel filter and change the oil and oil filter first.

The biggest problem with owning a diesel is starting it the right way! You have to wait for the "wait to start" light goes off!

Check the water separator. These do go bad and or need service.

• ?

It could be the fuel cap is not venting properly - Try driving it for 20 minutes with the fuel cap loose or off and see it happens again.