Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

How do you like the following movies and one mini TV series?

The Omega Man (1971)

Rooster Cogburn (1975)

MacLintock (1963)

The Beguiled (1971)

The End of the Affair (1999)

The Patriot (2000)

Nothing But the Truth (2008)

Hook (1991)

Mini Tv-Series: Secret of the Sahara (1987)

• LilyRT
    Favorite Answer

the omega man is pretty good.  I think the other two versions of I am legend are slightly better just because it hasn't aged as well imo.  but it's still a very good movie.

maclintock is funny to a degree.  but, even as a silly movie that you don't take seriously, I still have a problem stomaching that the solution to his marital problems is to publicly humiliate, strip, and spank his wife.  so, I can't watch it again.

the beguiled (71) is great.  it's twisted and has a great dark ending.

the end of the affair.  I hate this movie.  I give them credit for attempting something difficult.  but I just felt like 90% of the movie was a whinny slog without a lot interesting about it.  and the "payoff" in the surprise ending didn't really illuminate anything of value.  you just realized that she wasn't a completely fickly beotch.  but other than that, she was still a married woman screwing around.

the patriot.  ok.  went on too long, and demonizing the British officer detracted more than it added to the story.

hook.  I really like it as a kid's movie.  I think it's a little bit underrated.  Williams makes a great Robin Hood.

The Omega Man was my favorite of those.

The only two I've seen are The Patriot and Hook.  They were both okay.

I've only seen two of those: The Patriot (2000) and Hook (1991). I somewhat liked The Patriot. I'd give it a B. I didn't like Hook (1991), but I also didn't terribly dislike it, so I'd give it a C-.