Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

About my mobile phone. I am a Newby. A Lite user. I want to only use it at home on WiFi?

I can’t find a way to switch the other network off. It is an Alcatel 1. In settings-networks etc, WiFi is on, but also when I look top right on the status bar so 

is the network symbol. In settings there is no on off switch it simply tells me the name of the provider. Am I trying to do something stupid?

I have no interest in the ph. I only need it for OTPs.

Update:

In the status bar the WiFi symbol shows but also, the network data symbol is there too. I want help to switch off the network so I can rely entirely on WiFi.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You can enable Airplane mode. This will turn off the cell, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth radios. However, you can still turn on Wi-Fi.

Alternatively, most Android phones should have a way to turn off the mobile data. It may be a different procedure on different phones. On my OnePlus 8 Pro, its in Settings>Wi-Fi and Network>SIM & Network>Mobile data> turn off

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.