Am I threatening to guys?

When I was in high school, particularly 15-17, I was hitted on A LOT by men randomly on the streets and malls. I look pretty much the same, but my confidence is definitely higher. Many people think I hate them before they even get to know me, but that was the case also when I was in high school. I'm a beautiful woman, which is something that I began feeling only after graduation, even though I knew it all the time because of the feedback I constantly received from society (not just men). Men seem to look at me or secretly crush on me, but they never make a move. I was told once by someone that I'm threatening. Might that be the case?

I don't have a problem showing my intentions to guys that I'm interested in.. Also, guys that I know do tend to hit on me *if* we're on friendly terms.

• ?

Maybe you seem to have a wall up or something?  I don't know you so i can't say. But there is a lot of info online (youtube and google) about how to approach and talk to guys.

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking a guy to take you on a date, either. Especially if he seems interested. you've got this!

• ?

Strangers hit on you as a teenager because they were creeps and perceived you as being vulnerable. You should want to be threatening to these kinds of guys. If you have this problem with men you actually know, they are probably insecure and afraid you are out of their league. When you like someone, make your intentions known. But if they aren't confident enough to reciprocate, that is their problem and you should just move on.

Nah they're just cowards so move on

• Murzy

Most probably think that you are out of their league.

Most guys shy away from beautiful women because of a few reasons.They feel the women already has  a bf.They feel their not good enough for her and beautiful women also have a reputation of being stuck up or an airhead.

I agree with the reply by "?",  I would only add that you should take a look at yourself in terms of what kind of messages you may be projecting: e.g., standoffishness, disinterest, lack of interest in others, or other possibilities.  And what circumstances are you talking about? Are you referring to social situations, such as a party? Or , are you talking about walking through a mall?  While its true that you can meet someone in any situation, what kinds are you placing yourself in to meet people?

Difficult during the pandemic, have patience, good luck,   

It might be the case, but I don't think threatening is the right word.  There are a lot of reasons guys avoid certain girls, and threatening is rarely one of them.

Maybe you're actually as beautiful as you say, which would automatically make many guys think you're out of their league.  Guys think like predators, and predators don't chase what they can't catch.

Or maybe you've got an unapproachable vibe about you.  At least half of human communication is non-verbal, so maybe you're giving off signs of snobbiness, high-maintenance, disinterest or just plain crazy.  I've never met you, so I have no idea, I'm just throwing possibilities around.  Predators also don't chase what they don't want to catch.