Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

If your teenage daughter's boyfriend came to your house and attacked her for cheating on him, what should you do? Which side is right?

And they are both fighting evenly with each other?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I would ask him to leave immediately.  If I felt there was some justification for the conflict I would talk with him separately and get him to tell me his grievances.  Then I would talk with her.  If there was any possibility of defusing the situation then that is important.  Otherwise they must split up.  Fighting resolves nothing and makes any situation worse.  It can be a precursor to violence and that has no end of possible damage.

• 1 month ago

Won't pick a side! They should just break up ofc! End of story!

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I would call the police on him.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Define attacked.. Did he physically hit her?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If I'm there while this goes down...anyone coming into my house to harm a member of my family will leave in a body bag.

• 2 months ago

Either you're a bad parent or a troll, hoping it's the latter

• 2 months ago

You protect you own: so id kick the butt of anyone attacking my daughter and damn the consequences 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's called domestic violence and it's a crime.  Police need to be notified to come over

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'd be calling the police because when physical violence is involved the person who started it is always at fault. 

• Ivan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

He gets thrown out of my house and the cops get called on him. Nobody comes to my house to attack a family member and gets away with it. She will probably have several different boyfriends before she decides to marry. Should any or all of them get to attack her too?

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'd dial 9 1 1                      .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.