Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Self balancing robot?

So i have made a two wheel self balancing robot using MPU6050, L298, Arduino Uno, BO wheels and BO motors and it worked perfectly. But after a couple of days my MPU6050 got defected. After i replaced MPU6050, one of wheel is working in both clockwise and anti-clockwise direction, but the other wheel is only moving in anti-clockwise direction. I have double checked the connections and components.

But im still unable to find the fault in it.

Update:

Edit:

So i unpatched and re-made all the connections and God knows what was the fault now my robot is working again, perfectly.

Thank you for your answers. Especially Robert J. I appreciate it.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Edit: 

You have proved that there is some form of fault with the left hand L298 or the wiring to that.

Disconnect it completely and re-make all the connections - there has to be something bad, a dry joint or some fault somewhere!

Try swapping the Arduino wiring between the left & right L298 connections and see if it's the same wheel that goes one way only or if the fault changes side?

That type of test is the easiest way to diagnose problems, when you have two similar sets of parts that can be exchanged.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If both motors are good, then it's the signals. Make sure that the motor is getting the signal, that the cable has continuity, and that the controller is actually generating the signal. If the controller is not, then you make sure the controller is getting good signals from the sensor in the same manner as you did for the motor.

• 1 month ago

I can't see it from here. Hold it up so I can see it.

• 1 month ago

I swapped the wires left to right L298 and the problem is still with the same wheel. It didnt shift sides. But i have already checked the motors and L298 driver by powering separately.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.