Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Dealing with someone who will not take no for an answer!?

My friend (I’m not super close with her) we’ve hung out a handful of times is going through a divorce. A very very messy divorce at that. Her husband served her papers and wants full custody of the kids and she’s only worried about how much child support she’s going to get. Honestly, from being around both of them I don’t think either of them are fit to be parents. (Just being honest.) I feel bad for you the kids and have found some of the things her kids have said to be VERY concerning. I don’t want to involve myself in the drama. She called me 16 times yesterday to ask if I’d write an affidavit for her for court. I’m in the process of moving, I’m starting a brand new job, and I honestly just don’t have time! I’ve told her no now politely several times but she won’t take no for an answer and keeps calling me. What do I do? I don’t want to be rude but I’m getting a bit fed up here. I have my own sh*it to worry about. I’m not one for drama, I normally give in to avoid confrontation but I can’t do this. I feel like I have to stand my ground here. Should I block her and end all communication? She claims I won’t be summoned to court but I’m not buying it. I don’t want to be involved and I’ve told her that. What else can I do?? 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You're not the one being rude here, she is. Yes, you've made it abundantly clear that you are not available to support her in court or otherwise, and you have every right to stop her from communicating further with you.  Even if you did have the time and energy to help her out, its probably unwise to take sides in a bitter dispute, and to become embroiled in their conflicts.  If you are otherwise concerned about the wellbeing of the children, you can always call child protective services and alert them to making a further investigation. Your call would be kept anonymous. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Be honest. 

Tell her that in your opinion neither her or her husband are suitable parents and that she does not want you to recommend anything bc the outcome will not be in a favor. 

You kill 2 birds with 1 stone 

You don’t have to worry about her bothering you anymore about it and she’ll probably never talk to you again. Win ein

• 1 month ago

Everyone's right by what they are saying. You really don't owe her nothin if you dont want to get involved. Heck, I've had bad treatment from people that I wasn't even close to! She is definately being rude by harrassing you with this. She can't force you if you're too busy! She doesn't sound mature and she sounds like she is just your "friend" because of what you can do for her! Let's see if she will be there for you next time you need her! 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You may have to just be honest and say, "Nothing I have to say would advantage you in the way you think it would so you'd really be better off without my input." After that she'll probably block you and end all communication. This way you get your wish in getting to stay out of it but you don't have to regret handling it like a coward. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Repeat that you can not involve yourself in her custody hearings or child custody and that you will not and then drop it. 

• Glass
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She isn't a close friend and you are moving away. I would just block her everywhere and move on. Any mutual friends that have a problem with this aren't really worth keeping either. Enforcing boundaries isn't rude, this is the inevitable consequence of her own rude behavior.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You quit communicating with her. You never had to answer her calls.    

Say no one more time. Be blunt.  Send a text. Sorry No I won’t do this under any circumstance.  You need to stop calling me.  I am moving and will not be answering your calls.  If she calls again don’t answer, then block calls and texts. Send emails to spam. Delete her from your social media. 

• dman63
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Block her calls and block her email.  You don’t owe her anything.

• 1 month ago

don't you have caller I.D.? why do you keep answering her calls when you know she's going to keep asking

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

she's desperate and guess who will enjoy the blame when her world falls apart ?.

she will make your life hell.if you care about the kids give her what she want's and hope for the best.try not to befriend crazy people in the future.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.