?
? asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

my computer made one single long beep, what does that mean?

when my computer was on for a while, it naturally turned off the screen, (it does this before it gets ready to sleep) and then it made a one long beep. 

what does that mean? 

• Rita
    Favorite Answer

The type of beep your computer makes when starting up is meant to explain your computer's status. One long, continuous beep generally means that there is a hardware problem – often memory related – that can prevent your computer from starting up at all.

It may be a sound setting you have set on you computer.

Used to be when you turn the machine on and it screamed bloody murder as it was not happy about something.  Maybe a couple of keys jammed together on?  I do not know.  It is sick.  Time to see a PC doctor. to fix it.

• T C

Beep codes are different for the different makes of computers...

I am more concerned about the beeps upon start-up....1 beep is normal for some at start up, but any sequence of short and long beeps may be alerting you to problem.If you do have a sequence of beeps at start up ...post again with make of computer and the type of beeps ....I would suggest posting in the computer & Internet section.

if it doesn't boot properly, check the beep codes.  they should be in your owner's manual or mobo manual

It was very tired. That was your computer yawning.