Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you agree with these people?

Do you agree with people that say that pain is necessary otherwise we would have injuries and wounds without even knowing it?

I think they're wrong honestly. There's better ways than feeling pain. And if pain only exists because it was necessary for that then I think it's stupid.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You have to realize that the body has its own intelligence apart from our conscious mind.  It's its own life apart from the conscious mind.  It's made of innumerable living entities, all working in tandem.  It needs to have a defense against the conscious mind when the conscious mind goes its own way and stops caring about the body (except insofar as the body serves it)--which is the situation with most adults.  Even with the existence of pain, people treat their bodies pretty badly--partly from not caring, partly from ignorance.  If there was no pain, the body would have no protection against what we do to it.

I'm not saying that's the whole picture, though.  One's understanding of pain depends on one's understanding of life.

• 2 months ago

Pain is necessary otherwise you will laugh if you see someone fall down stairs .. because you have not feel it you wouldnt it 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.