Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Going home from uni during lockdown?

I've been at University since last September and decided not to go home for Christmas and it's really starting to degrade my mental health. Is it legal for me to travel home from uni with someone from my hometown coming to pick me up? If not, then when will it be? Also, is there any chance that the person picking me up would be fined or is their reason for travel fine with the government?

Thanks

• drip

In the USA you can travel home from your US university.   You may want to check to see if you will need to isolate when you go to your school if you live in a dorm 

we do not know where you are, nor what the lockdown rules are there.  please see the campus mental health clinic for support.

Without knowing 1. where your university is and 2. where your home is, we can't possible answer this question.

If both are in the U.S., it wouldn't be "illegal" but you might have a two week quarantine in one or both directions. So unless you're planning to finish out the rest of the semester online, you couldn't do this. 

• !

It depends on wjere you are, and where your home is in relation to your university

they won't know unless they're trying to travel across the border than right now Canada is the only one being a little b**** about it