What franchise was more popular at the height of their popularity and why, Sonic the Hedgehog or Adventure Time? ?

At the Time, I was a Serious Sega fan.

Sonic came with the console.

I bought Sonic Forces on PS4 and though it is basically a Sonic game, I didn't get into it.

Back in the day Sonic was the ****!!!

That Sega logo on screen when you flipped the power on, WOW.

Mortal Kombat, to have the blood and 16bit finishing moves was insane.

Are you talking like, they wrecked it all by making a sequal?

Many, but most are remaking them.

Tomb Raider was like a bunch of pixels with a HUGE pointy pair of breasts.

Lara Croft turned into one of the most recognized heroines is gaming history, only to be trumped by Aloy and she is fricken Awesome!!!

Final Fantasy regained their fanbase, but people were waiting for 7 like 10 years ago.

Mana is being remade.

8 bit and 16 bit?

GEX was an awesome side scroller, then they did that GEX 2 deal.

Yeah, GEX 2 sucked, then they did another.

GEX would be my answer. 

I NOT KNOWETH WHICH 1 MORE POPULAR:

I would say Sonic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): Wikipedia

I would say Sonic because sonic started off as a game that got so popular it became a TV show, and it's popularity has clearly withstood the test of time. Whereas adventure time is just a tv show, that's pretty popular at the moment but in 20 years time, i doubt anyone will have ever heard of it. 

Adventure Time was a very popular show right when it launched and for a few years after. But man I don't think it even compares to how popular Sonic was. In the 80s and 90s people bought game consoles just to play Sonic, they watched him on TV and bought tons of toys and fought with their friends saying he was better then Mario. Wikipedia says total Sonic game sales was over $6 billion, I bet you Adventure Time TOTAL sales ever for any merchandise is less then half that. Maybe SpongeBob is the only cartoon in the last 20 years that could be comparable to the popularity of Sonic.