Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

What to do with perennials when they go dormant?

I am growing some perennials and once they go dormant, do I leave them where they are in direct sunlight or put them in indirect sunlight so that they will last the next season? 

My perennials are in container pots 

Do I need to water them the same or not as often?

Leave them wherever they were growing. Perennials don't anything in winter except being planted in a place that's good for them to grow in.

• Olive

They dont need sunlight during winter time. All you need to do is give them little water every few weeks to keep from dehydration. If they are outside you wont need to do anything cause there will be enough moisture to keep them fine