Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

J asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Why am I not losing weight?

I am trying to lose 8-10 pounds by the end of May. I use an app to track my calorie intake and it says I can eat around 1700 calories a day to lose the weight by then. I have been eating the 1700 calories or fewer every day for 3 weeks now and exercising 2-3 days a week but am not losing any weight. I don't get it. Is the app wrong on how many calories I need to eat to lose weight or what? 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hey, Stranger!  I am going to tell you that exercise has almost nothing to do with significant fat loss or gain. 

I am also going to tell you that dieting ALWAYS fails. 

And you kinda know that,  now.

Now,  I am going to tell you how to lose 10-25lbs of FAT ONLY in one month. 

I'm not trying to tell you my way or the highway; I am just extremely confident what with biology,  biochemistry,  physics,  psychology and physiology backing me;)

Eat ONLY whole foods and drink ONLY water, unsweetened teas and unflavored milk.   Try it out for a month.   What have you got to lose (besides the fat?)

I looked like I had about 10-12lbs to lose and I lost 25lbs of fat only in <5 weeks.

I almost forget that I grew up fat.   Spent 30 years chasing myths marketed towards desperate addicts (and I am not talking about food).

If you truly want the answer to your question,  read the book below.   If you just want to lose the flab...permanently,  just alter your diet back to the human diet.

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.