Pawel asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Is 500 kilotons of nuclear warhead a lot of power?

The point is that I am a Pole, my replacement, the elderly man, was the Polish Army under the communes and he said that at that time he was still in the Polish People's Army in rocket artillery and he was training them to operate a 30 km Russian range rocket that could carry a 400 Kt Russian thermonuclear warhead. It was should be deoplyed if NATO attacked Warsw Pact very Stranger Thnigs lol xD

I am Polish, I am 35 years old, I work in security, I am a security guard, on night shifts.

In Poland, a lot of seniors and people with disabilities, for example, have Asperger Syndrome, in my childhood I suspect ADD-like ADHD, but without hyperactivity, before I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, i.e. Autism Spectrum Disorder, although I am very communicative for a person with Asperger; -)

This old man who works in day shifts said that during communism, when he was making up his compulsory (conscript) military service, he went to the rocket artillery

Compared to conventional weapons yes,  but compared to other nuclear weapons,  no.   

• Zirp

for a nuclear warhead (Atom-bomb), yes. The bomb on Hiroshima was about 20 kt

However, for a thermonuclear one (Hydrogen-bomb) it's pretty modest. The strength of H- bombs is expressed in megatons. One megaton is a thousand kilotons

As far as I know, all H-bombs use an A-bomb to get their chainreaction going

sounds like it could be

Half a megaton is still 25 times the nominal power of the bombs that levelled Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Detonated over Warsaw, such a bomb would kill 400000 people and injure 740000.

Essentially everything but hardened buildings would be destroyed in a 5.6 km radius, and everyone outside would be suffering 3rd burn in a 9 km radius.

You can evaluate this using the nuclear blast simulator at https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

sounds like it is

• sam

Yes. Hiroshima bomb was 20kt