Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Pawel asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Is 500 kilotons of nuclear warhead a lot of power?

Is 500 kilotons of nuclear warhead a lot of power?

The point is that I am a Pole, my replacement, the elderly man, was the Polish Army under the communes and he said that at that time he was still in the Polish People's Army in rocket artillery and he was training them to operate a 30 km Russian range rocket that could carry a 400 Kt Russian thermonuclear warhead. It was should be deoplyed if NATO attacked Warsw Pact very Stranger Thnigs lol xD

I am Polish, I am 35 years old, I work in security, I am a security guard, on night shifts.

In Poland, a lot of seniors and people with disabilities, for example, have Asperger Syndrome, in my childhood I suspect ADD-like ADHD, but without hyperactivity, before I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, i.e. Autism Spectrum Disorder, although I am very communicative for a person with Asperger; -)

This old man who works in day shifts said that during communism, when he was making up his compulsory (conscript) military service, he went to the rocket artillery

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Compared to conventional weapons yes,  but compared to other nuclear weapons,  no.   

• Zirp
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

for a nuclear warhead (Atom-bomb), yes. The bomb on Hiroshima was about 20 kt

However, for a thermonuclear one (Hydrogen-bomb) it's pretty modest. The strength of H- bombs is expressed in megatons. One megaton is a thousand kilotons

As far as I know, all H-bombs use an A-bomb to get their chainreaction going

• 2 months ago

sounds like it could be

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Half a megaton is still 25 times the nominal power of the bombs that levelled Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Detonated over Warsaw, such a bomb would kill 400000 people and injure 740000.

Essentially everything but hardened buildings would be destroyed in a 5.6 km radius, and everyone outside would be suffering 3rd burn in a 9 km radius.

You can evaluate this using the nuclear blast simulator at https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sounds like it is

• sam
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes. Hiroshima bomb was 20kt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.