Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Do you like the NFL’s hard salary cap,or MLB’s soft salary cap better?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The MLB has a luxury tax which doesn't deter the big spenders to splurge on free agents. The NFL is much better off since it implemented the cap, it's no coincidence the Cowshîts haven't been able to buy any championships since. 

• 2 months ago

NFL by a large margin in baseball 3/4th of the teams have no chance of winning it all .

• 2 months ago

The NFLs  no matter how great a small market team is managed they can not compete with larger market teams in the long run.Yes a year here or there but long term the big market teams will buy their players

• 2 months ago

I like the NFL's salary cap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The NFL cap made real changes in the game,immediately killing franchises like San Francisco and Dallas so that other teams could have a chance to win.

MLB's cap is a joke.

• I think salary caps are a crutch for poorly managed teams; the luxury tax (MLB's model) is the lesser of two evils.

• 2 months ago

The hard cap makes more sense for the teams' financial health.  It also makes for better parity.

The MLB is a league of haves and have-nots where the only way to win if you're small-market is to build a team, win before guys get to free agency, then blow it up and hope to catch prospects on a rebound and suck for a while and then be good again years down the line.  And God Help You if you make a mistake in the timing or prospects because you can't keep any stars.

• 2 months ago

Of the choices, I'll go with the NFL, since the MLB soft salary cap doesn't exist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.