what is a slip room(navy)?

A slip is a place to moor along side of the dock.

"Slip room" is not a nautical term.

There is also the term "slipway", which is a ramp such as used for launching ships.

To say "We lack slip room" would mean there is no place to berth the boat/ship.

Slip can also mean the difference between indicated speed and actual speed or theoretical distance the prop would travel in a single revolution.

A slip can also mean the ship is insured.

I don't know but I have always been curious about what the "poop deck" is!  LOL

I love going on cruises!  but, I get it that it is very different than being in the Navy!  (I know what the mess and  sick bay are!)