Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

MR2 asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

How to avoid my family name, to be considered as middle name?

In my country, we do not have middle names, It is name, family name and some of us (like me) have got a word after our family which indicates the place that we or our ancestors were born (think of it as a second family name) we have got this third part but our formal family is in middle any way, for example Jane smith New Yorker.

The problem start when I write my full name (all three parts) in an article, they consider my family as my middle name and  they use the third part as my family in the references or citation.

I do not want to omit the the third part because it make me unique (nobody has it in the world) but meanwhile i do not want to refer as Jane New Yorker either(believe it or not there are people with that name and family name), what should i do?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Kevin
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Hyphenate it

Also write any two words as one word with two capital letters, like MacDonand

Example

Jane Smith-NewYorker

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

i think its fine. okay tc. I severly have to escape from mine

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.