Can I sue someone for recording me during sex? ?

My ex boyfriend recorded us having sex at the age of 16. I didn’t consent but I didn’t say “no” either - I guess out of fear -  but he kept doing it over and over. Now we’re both 18 and I think he still has the videos. Can I force him to delete them, have enforcement involved perhaps? It’s ruining my thoughts; I regret it and I wish I spoke up. I live in the state of Georgia. 

Ask him.  He'll probably lie, but it's worth a shot.

Step #1 -   Consult with a lawyer (asap).  If you are concerned about money, contact your local (usually county) Legal Aid Office.   The #1 thing that you want to discuss with any attorney is cost.   

Please do something, asap.   The longer you wait, the worse it will get.  

Good luck to you.  

• Yeti

Most if not all locations in the U.S. would recognize it as illegal child pornography. 

But... you're not sure he has the videos now. And you cannot easily "force" him to delete things short of trying to report he has illegal pornography -- but you're not sure he does.

You also do run the risk of getting in trouble for helping make it. It sounds like you were aware he was making such recordings and went along with it, not that he was doing this secretly and that you found out later, for example.

And that's all separate from "suing" him for the recordings, which generally would be seeking money damages for the trauma of it all. That's not super realistic, especially if you aren't actually seeing therapists, etc., for how it's impacted you, and if he also was age 16 at the time.

But... you might want to try talking with some therapists about everything in more detail, especially if it's "ruining your thoughts" at this stage.

legal aid would not handle this type of thing

at 16 it is kiddie porn...a criminal offense.....you could potentially be charged also....talk to a lawyer before you do anything...DO NOT GO TO POLICE WITHOUT A LAWYER>

Just report him to police. He created and possesses child porn. Federal felonies.  

• Jesus

If you can prove that he has them you go to the sheriff's department that's called sexual exploitation of a minor consent or no consent it's sexual exploitation of a minor possession of child pornography they will get involved in a heartbeat

Yes, you can since that's considered child pornography. 

It's child porn.  You should think twice about reporting it, because it'll be a whole big thing.

I'm thinking that a letter to him from a lawyer would scare him enough to delete it.  The lawyers not going to charge a lot for a simple letter,

• Nigel

no! if you selflessly give your body to someone you are not married to, all the bad luck from std, public humiliation to come with it is your fault! its not like you specifically said ''dont record me!'' so its your fault good luck with that

Since you were 16 that would be considered child pornography.  So yes, law enforcement could get involved.  If he hasn't shared the images your best course of action is to consult a lawyer who will advise you how to proceed based upon your local laws.