Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Carlito's Way or Scarface what was the better film?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Carlito's way is better

• 2 months ago

I preferred Scarface.

• 2 months ago

Honestly, it's hard to say because I think Scarface is kinda fatigued.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would say Scarface. It's my favorite crime movie.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Herve
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Scarface is my favourite crime film so i'd say that one.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Scarface, I didn't even like Carlito's Way, and I couldn't take Sean Penn seriously with the curly hair and glasses, he looked ridiculous. 

• 2 months ago

Between the two I liked "Carlito." 

"Scarface" felt like a thrill ride that you knew was going to end in a spectacular disaster.  "Carlito" was more human to me, with a main character that sincerely wanted a better life but was incapable of escaping his past or overcoming his own flaws.

Made 10 years apart. I think both serve as good reflections of their decades.  Pacino in "Scarface" was all about the unbridled ambition, unapologetic excess and relentless pursuit of "upward mobility" that characterized the 1980s...and the epic shootout at the end seemed more like a fitting "climax" to a hedonistic orgy than a consequence paid for any misdeeds. 

In "Carlito" he was a guy that knew he was flawed and struggling to find his way in a world where rules of "right and wrong" were being rewritten.  The lines between the "old order" (represented by Italian gangsters and corrupt lawyers) and rising "new order" (represented by the hot-blooded Latin gangs) seemed a nod to the Boomers replacing the Cold War generation as "the establishment" ethic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.