Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

If Mike Tyson and Roy Jones put on a good fight, would you be interested in seeing James Toney vs Bernard Hopkins? Why or why not?

Bonus question: What do you think would happen in that fight?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, not really. Tyson and Jones are both well and truly past it. That's kind of one of the selling points to the fight, both are theoretically as past it as each other. And both fighters relied on their physical gifts in side the ring. Jones it was his speed, Tyson his power (especially after Dundee left). Toney is a similar sort of fighter. Basically relied on the physical to win fights.

Hopkins of the 4 was still a good fighter into his 50's. His style was more mental. He used every trick in the book to box to a win. Which is why i think Hopkins now would outbox all 3 of them. If he took it seriously he'd dominate the fight, staying at distance and not letting any of them hit. The fight would be boring as. Toney never wins a round.

• 2 months ago

No, because although they're both great fighters unfortunately they both have about as much charisma as a wooden plank. I don't know who would win, Hopkins by decision probably 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That would be ok. But only if they agreed to 4 rounds. The reason i say four rounds is because they would go hard and waste all thier energy quickly with nothing but knockout punches. If they fought for 12 rounds Bernard Hopkins would just run around the ring until he won.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.