Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why is the production and sale of dog meat illegal in the US? It's tasty and profitable!?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because dog lovers are hypocrites. 

• 2 months ago

We in the so-called civilised western world tend not to eat our pets.  Just livestock and there is a difference although some people do have pet lambs and cows.

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most `civilised` human beings would not feel comfortable eating an animal that is considered `Mans best friend`, and an animal that has been specifically bred over thousands of years to be a companion and be of assistance to man in SO many ways. 

• 2 months ago

Because a dog is Man's Best Friend.  It would feel like cannibalism to eat dog, even though technically it isn't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because mutt lovers are entitled hypocrites.

https://youtu.be/I26057-Wp7s

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm not sure. 

but dog lovers in the US of A apparently have a say what people in Asia can or cannot eat. Talk about communists.

it's not a pet if its glazed with BBQ sauce. mhmm...sounds tasty. I'm Vegan I'll never know what dog tastes like.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Welcome back.  It's not illegal in all States.  Nice try to get attention.

• 2 months ago

They are our pets & we don't eat our pets.  It is inhumane & very abusive.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Meat has to be inspected by the FDA or USDA. As there are no dog slaughterhouses, there are no inspectors trained to inspect dog meat. And as there are no inspectors, and local and state regulations would probably ban opening a slaughterhouse, there is no legal way to sell dog meat.

If it was actually profitable, businesses would be lobbying for states to legalize it, and there would be a thriving black market for it in the US. Neither appears to be happening.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.