Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Girl wants a guy to love her the way her older brother does?

The girl I have a crush on has a brother who's 10 years older than her. She always says she has imagined that all guys are like her adored brother and that one day he will find a guy that will love her the way her brother does (the brother used to be playful with her, always encouraged her and loved her and they almost never argued like siblings ). Do you think it's normal they way she thinks?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

One supposes that if she's lived a sheltered life she may not actually understand the difference between familial love and romantic love. I wouldn't wade into this until you're certain her parents have told her where babies come from. 

• a
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You write 'girl' and not 'woman' so I'm going to say normal, for now.

What you, or rather she describes, though, is rather one-sided. A much older sibling is a mentor and protector. A relationship with a consort is different. It's not based on one person with power caring for another person without. Usually, there is parity between the partners. Each is self-sufficient on his or her own. They come together, create an interdependence and division of labor to the benefit of both.

Your crush wants someone to take care of her, and offer very little in return. It doesn't sound like she's ready or old enough to even date.

• 2 months ago

It's a little weird, but so what. She looks up to her brother, and maybe he is the best example of a man that she has.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Perfectly normal.  But when the right person comes along it will be a different kind of love.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

She had a hero in her brother as a child. And wants a romantic hero to replace that void. Maybe she's not really ready for a romantic hero though if she wants him to be a replacement for her big brother. Might BE normal (though it wasn't for me) but if she's telling you that.... I think that YOU are not the right guy. No matter how wonderful you are.... she's seeing you are not her big brother. I don't THINK that's "normal" but then.... I might not BE "normal" myself! Who is normal??? 

• Archer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So your into either incest or you believe "you" can dictate how others chose to feel. Either way it is quite sad!

• T J
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, it is not normal, its sick. If you see her, you will always be compared to her brother, it will be you vs her brother in her sick mind. You do not need that all your life.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Girls often adore their Father's or older Brothers

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If she sees her brother as the most caring guy she's ever met, then sure. It's pretty common for girls to set expectations to a level of someone they admire.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

She is living in disney princess world ( which is kinda normal tho) 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.