Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What are doing for Purim?

** you **

• Vicky

Passover now, sadly I'm not able to do much because of lockdown.

I don't celebrate that crap anymore. 

Nothing, I'm not Jewish.

What's your KNOWLEDGE seeking question about religion or spirituality? Questions about the respondents are chat violations.

• ?

I'm going to try to read The Book Of Ester in English and study it a little bit so I can meditate on the miraculous survival of The Jewish People. I will then possibly listen to a virtual Megillah 1 or 2 times since I can't go to shul because of covid.

Hope this helped.

Peace and blessings.

Source(s): Jew

Making shrimp & beef & vegetable soup, adding pasta, 

having as many glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon as I want, 

and remembering that Jesus Christ was a Jew "in name only" 

who could never do what what he promised, and never meant 

anything to my ancestors. No Jew would ever act like Jesus did.

As for every year, we will be watching the classic movie "Home for Purim".

Mazel tov, y'all!

I'm going to dress up as a glegpriff.

• EddieJ

I'm not doing anything -- especially because of COVID -- but i didn't do anything 2 or 3 years ago either.

When I was a teen, I worked on the Purim carnival.  I created a new game one year.  It was a pyramid of 10 light bulbs, arranged like bowling pins.  The player would use switches to turn off a chosen number of lights in each turn, but only in one row.  I think the object was to turn off the last light.  On the back of the game, I had switches and cheat sheets on how to win.

Another year, I spent the day before in the basement painting signs for each booth.  It actually hadn't been planned, but I accidently discovered art supplies and decided that each booth should have a sign.

• ?

nothing.....I like Easter and today is my birthday too

• Murzy

No carnivals this year.