Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Martina asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I was just working when all of a sudden I start shaking and sweating out of nowhere. I also felt really weak.?

I started shaking followed by weakness, fast heartbeat, sweating and a slight headache as well as nausea. It's really cold outside, so I'm confused as to why this happened. This happened literally out of nowhere. I went to sit down for a moment and I felt better. Should I be concerned? I'm only 20 years old but this happens a lot at work and it's starting to irritate me.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Think back. Had you eaten anything within the previous hour or two when these feelings occur? Was it sugary and high-carb (pancakes, a doughnut, toaster pastry, like that) or full-out sugary (candy)?

Your description sounds like a hypoglycemic reaction, which is low blood sugar levels. I've had those a handful of times, always when I try to engage in light physical activity after eating something sweet. My main symptoms were feeling weak and jittery, a rapid heartbeat, and feeling unsteady or unbalanced. It usually passes in 30-40 minutes.

Here's a medical page about low blood sugar: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyp...

(Unless you have diabetes, you want to exclude that word from any searches you do for hypoglycemia.)

If you think it might be a hypoglycemic reaction, it's safe to experiment by eating meals that have relatively low sugar just before or during work. If this stops happening, that was probably it.

• 2 months ago

Anxiety.

At least one trip to the doctor.  It's important to get a good diagnosis.

Go to youtube and look up "mindfulness",  Also look up breathing exercises and meditation.

Music will save you.

• 2 months ago

So get a checkup. Your job is not to try and make a diagnosis, it’s to try and get appropriate care. Could be a multitude of things

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.