Danielle asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Is this a puppy farm/puppy mill?

I’ve been looking for a white Pomeranian puppy the last breeder wouldn’t sell to me without spay/neuter contract so I’ve found this one. They don’t require that but i don’t want to buy from a puppy mill. So I’m asking to make sure. What do you think?https://foufoupuppies.com/collections/teacup-pomer... 

Judging by ALL of your posts I think you are too young to legally own a dog and looking for attention.  Your whole plan to breed large dogs with small dogs tinges on a mental health issue.

• "Is this a puppy farm/puppy mill?"

Whatever   https://foufoupuppies.com/collections/teacup-pomer...   is, I want NOTHING to do with it. It certainly doesn't meet MY requirements of a quality breeder.

#1: It advertises "Teacup Pomeranian puppies" - but the FCI (the world authority on dogs, with almost every kennel club in the world [except for the arrogant, bossy The KC (UK), AKC (USA) and Can.KC (Canada)] - as subscribing members - see:  http://www.fci.be/en/members/ ) neither accepts nor recognises ANY "Teacup" breed - indeed, "Teacup" as an adjective means almost the same as "Too damned small to be healthy!"

If your know where your software hides  .PDF  files, click:   http://www.fci.be/nomenclature/Standards/097g05-en...  which states these 5 sizes for the DEUTSCHE SPITZE (German Spitz):

1. WOLFSSPITZ/KEESHOND : Height at the withers = 49cm ± 6 cm (= 43 to 55cm = 17  to 21½ inches)

2. GIANT SPITZ :                       Height at the withers = 45 cm ± 5 cm (= 40 to 50cm = 15¾ to 19¾ inches)

MEDIUM SIZE SPITZ :          Height at the withers = 35 cm ± 5 cm (= 30 to 40cm = 11¾ to 15¾ inches)

MINIATURE SPITZ :              Height at the withers = 27 cm ± 3 cm (= 24 to 30cm =   9½ to 11¾ inches)

3. TOY SPITZ/POMERANIAN : Height at the withers = 21 cm ± 3 cm (= 18 to 24cm =   7  to   9½ inches )

• "I’ve been looking for a white Pomeranian puppy"

A BAD choice! White is banned EXCEPT on particolours. The Standard states:

🟩"Other coloured Spitz: The term <other colours> applies to the following colours: cream, cream-sable, orange-sable, black and tan, and particolour. Particoloured dogs must have white always as basic colour. The patches must be uniformly in one colour either black or brown or grey-shaded or orange or orange-sable or cream or cream-sable. They should preferably be distributed over the whole body."

The "colour" isn't likely to harm your pup - but if shown & bred from it would be VERY likely to harm the breeder's reputation!

• "the last breeder wouldn’t sell to me without spay/neuter contract"

FULLY understandable! He/She does NOT want his/her faulty-coloured pup being shown or bred-from. And neutering should NOT be done before the body - especially its bones - has reached adult size & strength.

• "so I’ve found this one. They don’t require that but i don’t want to buy from a puppy mill. So I’m asking to make sure. What do you think?"

I think you must be filthy-rich to stupidly pay THAT price for a pup that cannot be registered with the AKC (the other so-called "kennel clubs" in the USA are shams), cannot have ITS pups registered with the AKC. And Foufou kennels IS in the USA. The WORD "foufou" means "CRAZY"; the WORD "fou-fou" means "WACKY".

And the conditions "Foufou" put in their contract are there for just ONE reason: To scare you off from suing them in court!

I also do NOT "like" that the name of the sire & dam of each pup is NOT listed, and so I can't tell which are from the same litter.

I don't CARE whether Foufou are puppy-millers - I CARE that they are almost certainly CON-ARTISTS whose interest in a pup and its buyer ENDS the moment the money is received.

I would normally list some questions to tell whether YOU are responsible enough to be a dog owner. They would include:

💥#1: Are you able to stay home 24/7 for at least the first 3 weeks you have Pup, to help it LIKE and TRUST you, and so you can concentrate 100% on it while getting it house trained?

💥#2: Do you have a back door that opens straight into a securely fenced back yard?

💥#3: Do you have transport to take YOU and PUP to the vet for health-checks & vaccinations, and to a quality weekly TRAINING club for about a year starting when Pup is 18-to-22 weeks old, where YOU get coached and Pup learns to pay attention to you and ignore the other dogs in the class until the lesson is over?

💥#4: On days when you go to school or work, or go visiting friends, or do your own shopping, how long would Pup be "home alone"?

I have other questions, but I suspect that EVERY ONE of those 4 answers would make me refuse to sell you a pup at present. Not that I breed Pomeranians - my sister did that, but her bloodline ended at about Xmas. If she decides to start again, she is likely to look for a Shetland Sheepdog.

FIND OUT a lot more before you deem yourself to be ready to CHOOSE and RAISE a dog.

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

That's a business - nothing wrong with that EXCEPT no reputable breeder deliberately produces stock that doesn't conform to the relevant Breed Standard (which T-cup Poms do not) and neither do they breed overseas for shipping to another country.  And they most certainly DO NOT MIX BREED.   For THOSE prices???

That's no more or less than a puppy mill.   Even if they only have the one 'breed'.

Not all 'reputable' breeders require a neuter contract.  We never insisted on that, although we did endorse all our immature stock, if only to show intent because all an endorsement really means is any offspring cannot be KC registered.

Keep looking and contact the relevant Breed Club which should keep you away from BYBs/puppy farmers.   Most have Codes of Ethics.

ps   Why did you not want to sign a neuter contract?

• ?

NO WAY would I buy from these people and just look at those ridiculous prices.

They have far too many puppies available for my liking and anyone that advertises 'teacup' anything is not sticking to breed standards,  let alone cross breeding such as the Matipoo pups advertised.

GOOD breeders put contracts on dogs to spay / neuter when the dog is old enough and if you're wanting a dog to breed on then you would be nothing more than a backyard breeder yourself.  

No. It's a very reputable breeder. That's where I purchased me Basset Hound puppy.

I think I would never EVER buy an animal over the internet, and neither would I ever buy a teacup anything. Both of them scream 'puppy mill' to me. No legitimate breeder, with the best interests of the dogs in mind, would ever do either one. Contacting a breeder online about a puppy is fine, as long as it's followed by a visit to the breeder's location to see the mother of the pup as well as the father if that's possible. Any breeder I can't do that with is one I will not buy from.

Any dog breeders that uses the internet to sell dogs are BYBers & Puppy Mills.

It is important that all pet quality dogs be spayed & neutered.  The ones that require you to spay or neuter are more likely to be reputable breeders & you'd get a much higher quality dog.  Pet quality dogs should not be bred.  Low quality & not up to standards for the use the breeder is breeding them for.  The ones that require to sign the spay/neuter agreement just don't want the bad blood to be reproduced.  It is a protection for the dogs.

If you are buying this dog for breeding purposes, work with the reputable breeders.  You do not want to be a stupid ignorant BYBer.  Some times the reputable breeders sign a contract with breeding privileges & will want to breed your dog to one of their dogs that was selected to be an appropriate mate.  Talk to breeder about this.

• Maxi

You already are fully aware it is "Teacup Pomeranian Puppies"... what they mean is they breed non breed standard under sized runts and NO descent breeder would do that....... and why not spay? A good breeder doesn't need unqualified/unknowledgable pet standard dogs being used to breed with...that is a red flag that you are also a wannabe BYB

• *****

Absolutely it's a puppy mill, and OBSCENELY overpriced as well. No halfway decent breeder would have that number and variety of puppies available. Their kennel is also located in South Korea, which is notorious for puppy mills and no regulation of them. 

its like they say another persons junk is a dog lovers treasure..