jake asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

What do you think of the name everly?

I personally am not a fan, sounds like a name that should be given to a disney princess. 

NO!!! They were a fraternal 'pop' duo of the 50's. 

how much does the parents hate the child? if the scale reaches at least a 7, then its not bad.

I don't mind it, it reminds of an old group called the Everly brothers. That was one of my grandma's favorite bands. So maybe that's why I don't mind the name.

• garry

reminds me of everly brothers !!! wake up little susie ..or is it american cause they cant spell Beverly !!!

I like it . It’s different without being weird

This is my least favourite name on the planet right now - no joke. I find it annoyingly common (in a trendy not a timeless way) and pretentious. Doesn't sound like a disney princess at all, it sounds more trashy/silly/strippery. It annoys me a lot... I see it EVERYWHERE. It's not "uncommon" or "different" at all anymore, just a TREND that is going to die as fast and hard as it appeared. I'm not excited for when all of the baby Everly's grow up and I have to encounter them in real life and pretend I don't hate their names.

Very trendy, and I dont love the sound.

• blank

I am not keen on it.

• Murzy

Sounds like the singing brothers of the 50s.

• helene

I will never think of anything but the Everly brothers. I think it's ridiculous as a first name, particularly for girls.